[WOTRACK] WOTRACK_ABRIGGS_1501077413.rptdesign psdi.util.MXApplicationException: BMXAA5480E - The report WOTRACK_ABRIGGS_1501077413.rptdesign of the WOTRACK application failed to run. Error happened while running the report. at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.admin.ReportAdminService.runReport(ReportAdminService.java:3342) at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.admin.ReportAdminService.runReport(ReportAdminService.java:3260) at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.queue.ReportQueueManager.runQueuedReport(ReportQueueManager.java:933) at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.queue.ReportQueueManager.runQueuedReport(ReportQueueManager.java:857) at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.queue.ReportQueueManager.doWork(ReportQueueManager.java:659) at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.queue.ReportQueueManager$ReportRunThread.attemptToRunReport(ReportQueueManager.java:514) at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.queue.ReportQueueManager$ReportRunThread.run(ReportQueueManager.java:453) Caused by: com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.runtime.ReportExecutionException: Error happened while running the report. at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.engine.MXReportEngine.executeReport(MXReportEngine.java:422) at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.engine.MXReportEngine.executeReport(MXReportEngine.java:144) at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.admin.ReportAdminService.runReport(ReportAdminService.java:3307) ... 6 more Caused by: com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.runtime.ReportExecutionException: Error happened while running the report. at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.runtimeprovider.XLSReportGenerator.generateReport(XLSReportGenerator.java:117) at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.runtimeprovider.ReportExecutionTaskImpl.executeReport(ReportExecutionTaskImpl.java:133) at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.engine.MXReportEngine.executeReport(MXReportEngine.java:399) ... 8 more Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report. at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.handleFatalExceptions(EngineTask.java:2363) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:191) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:77) at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.runtimeprovider.XLSReportGenerator.generateReport(XLSReportGenerator.java:111) ... 10 more Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.ExcelEmitter.end(ExcelEmitter.java:273) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitter.end(CompositeContentEmitter.java:65) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:183) ... 12 moreAny ideas what's causing this, and what I can do to fix it? I've tried deleting the scheduled report, and creating a new scheduled instance, but that didn't help. I tried changing the file attachment format from .xlsx to .xls, and that didn't help.Suggestions and/or solutions are welcomed! :)Thanks,Amy
I'm going to apologize as I'm mostly going to ask additional questions. It's helpful to help narrow down what the problem might be. Does the report work when you run it manually? If so, does it work when you export to Excel manually? Based on where the error is occurring, I would expect it would have similar issues but we've seen bugs before that are specific to scheduled reports.Can you export it to PDF? While the XLSX & XLS formats are different, PDF tends to be the most reliable for exports so it's good to see if the issue might be specific to exporting to Excel.Are you displaying any rich text fields (such as long description) in the report? When the long descriptions have complex HTML we've seen issues executing a report. For the records you expect to be returned in the report, it would be good to review any rich text fields to see if there's anything unusual. For example, we've seen people copy & paste entire websites into a long description on a PO.
Thanks for the reference as that helps. That definitely eliminates the HTML element from the equation. It looks like a pretty standard QBR report, which makes it all the more strange as it doesn't seem like something we've seen and we had a lot of customers on 22.214.171.124 (most are now on newer versions though).
I found a few APARs, such as a query only providing an order by (APAR https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/apar/IV94203 & https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/apar/IV90466), but both of those look like that should fail when you run it interactively and your run time where clause didn't have an order by. I haven't been able to find anything else yet and I've looked through the fixes for 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, & 184.108.40.206.
This unfortunately may end up requiring a case with IBM as it might get into environment specific configuration which is a bit tricky to troubleshoot.
Join CommunityInvite ColleaguesLearn More