Maximo Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  BMXAA2019E - A work order, asset, location, or GL debit account must be entered.

Posted 02-20-2023 07:28

Hello All,

I am trying to understand the error -> BMXAA2019E A work order, asset, location, or GL debit account must be entered. When our AP team is inserting an invoice, the invoice line didn't bring the GL Debit account number from the PO line due to some issue and there was no work order, asset, or location entered on the invoice line because of which the AP team was getting the BMXAA2019E error while trying to approve the invoice.

When I tried the same in the TEST environment, the invoice got approved without giving the error. The invoice line didn't have the work order, asset, location, or debit account number on it but still it got approved. Same has been confirmed by our AP team also that they do not get this error always.

So, what I understand is that it works some time and some times it doesn't. There is not much information available on this error message. Can anyone please explain the reason behind this behavior.

Note - There is no automation script running on the invoice approve action if that helps.

#EverythingMaximo

------------------------------
    Devendra Verma
    SenecaGlobal

• 2.  RE: BMXAA2019E - A work order, asset, location, or GL debit account must be entered.

Posted 02-20-2023 11:16
    Edited by Subhransu Sekhar Sahoo 02-20-2023 11:44

Hi Devendra,

Could you please check and compare the below flag in both the environments? Suspecting this GL validation flag is enabled in TEST while the same is disabled in your other environment where the issue is coming.

If WO, Asset, location and GLDebit account all are null on your invoice, then this error occurs. But if the "Deactivate GL validation" is on, then Maximo may not throw error.

Subhransu Sekhar Sahoo
    Tata Consultancy Services

• 3.  RE: BMXAA2019E - A work order, asset, location, or GL debit account must be entered.

Posted 02-21-2023 09:56

Hi Subhransu,

Thanks for the response. I checked and both of our environments (TEST and PROD) are using the validations. We are still trying to figure out when this particular scenario occurs. Meanwhile, I have another question on the same lines. I see when the invoice is approved. it hits the Company-Related GL accounts and not the one which shows on the Invoice Line tab -> GL Debit Account field which comes from the PO line.

The PO is received in the storeroom so the PO line contains the account number configured on the GL Control Account field from the storeroom. So, the same account is copied over to the invoice line when used the Copy PO Lines button.

Would you be knowing the use of the GL Debit Account field on the invoice line tab when it is not used for the GL transaction because I can see that the GL transaction is created against the Company-related accounts which is different than the invoice line GL Debit Account number?

And if by design the invoice approve process is supposed to use the company-related accounts, then the BMXAA2019E error does not make any sense. 

Devendra Verma
    SenecaGlobal