Maximo Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Issue with insert statement on ICD 7.6.1 running on DB2 11.5

Posted 03-14-2023 11:26

I am using an insert statement to select records from the TICKET table from one db2 instance , and to insert to a TICKET table in another instance.

Therefore I have a statement like 

insert into TICKET (ticketid, description,status) from ticket.instance1 select ticketid,description,status from ticket.instance2.

I will have an error that character is too long for the ticketid field. I then increased the length from 10 to 15  on the target, to match the character length of the source. However, I am still getting the error. The length of the ticketid i am inserting is within the required length of the field.

Any help please

#MaximoApplicationSuite

------------------------------
    ken ken
    Citi

• 2.  RE: Issue with insert statement on ICD 7.6.1 running on DB2 11.5

Posted 03-20-2023 07:59

Hi Kane, 

Your syntax should be written like this if i am not wrong. The First From is not needed I believe.

INSERT INTO table2 (column1column2column3, ...)
    SELECT column1column2column3,
    FROM table1
    WHERE condition;

Ticket table has many views. Check the changes are correctly cascaded to other Views like SR and Incident.

Subhransu Sekhar Sahoo
    Tata Consultancy Services

• 3.  RE: Issue with insert statement on ICD 7.6.1 running on DB2 11.5

Posted 03-21-2023 05:41

Hello Subhransu, Thanks so much for your reply. Greatly appreciated. The changes are not correctly cascaded to other tables. one of the fields length to change is on the work order table. I am trying to increase the length of the workorder wonum field  to 15. Saving the changes gives the error on the screenshot below. I could change other attributes, but not in workorder table.

ken ken
    Citi

• 4.  RE: Issue with insert statement on ICD 7.6.1 running on DB2 11.5

Posted 03-24-2023 11:32

HI Kane, 

Sorry for the late reply. In our case, it was coming while creating inventory PICK List on Manage Inventory Work center (Maximo 7613), we have raised a case to IBM and IBM is still working on it as the issue was not fixed by IFIX 004 provided by them. For us, the date time format issue was coming when I used to select a required date beyond 12th of a month as maximo was swapping the Date and Month values beyond 12. E.g. 5th APRIL 2023 was saved as 4th May 2023 in DB.

Which Version of Maximo you are using? Which country are you in? What type of date format used in your country? 

Subhransu Sekhar Sahoo
    Tata Consultancy Services

• 5.  RE: Issue with insert statement on ICD 7.6.1 running on DB2 11.5

Posted 03-27-2023 02:43

Thanks so much for the response. I am using ICD Version 7.6.1 and the country is in Nairobi Kenya.

Currently, the locale value in the Maxadmin user is empty. I could make changes to other object that is not referencing the work order object. However, if changing the attributes that references the work order object, then the locale issue would come up

ken ken
    Citi