Maximo Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Assets app in Maximo Mobile for EAM 8.11 unable to download Assets data

Posted 01-30-2024 05:15

Hi all,

I am testing OOB Asset Manager app in Maximo Mobile for EAM 8.11 with 7613. Query MOBILEMYASSET in MXAPIASSET object structure is defined to fetch 47k Asset records. But, my Asset data failing to download when I am setting up my device. I am using MobileDbGeneration cron to generate the preLoaded db copy which is getting downloaded fine but when it comes to sync the Asset data, it waits for several minutes and then fail with error - "Gateway Timeout"

[ERROR]: [navigator]: [JS-LargeDataDownloadManager]: Data download error for [%s]: [%s]MXAPIASSET{"name":"Error","message":"Gateway Timeout","isLookupError":false,"isTransDataError":true,"refreshFullyLoaded":false,"deltaDownloadEnabled":false}

My maximo.mobile.fetch.timeout is set to 300,000 and mxe.db.fetchResultStopLimit to 15,000.

Other error I see in the mobile logs is:
    ERROR]: [navigator]: [JS-DisconnectedRESTConnection]: Request for /os/mxapiasset taking 43660 miliseconds  with query {"fetchmodedelta":1} body parameters

I am yet to check my JVM session timeout if that could be the reason for Gateway Timeout error.
    One thing I noticed is that in app.xml in ASSETMOBILE app - 'lookup-data' property is not defined. Per my understanding, it should be set to true to make it part of preloaded db copy.

Any help?

Thanks.

#EverythingMaximo
    #Mobility

• 2.  RE: Assets app in Maximo Mobile for EAM 8.11 unable to download Assets data

Posted 01-30-2024 14:42

A gateway timeout is going to come from something in front of Maximo (most likely a load balancer). You'll need to identify what layer is closing the connection and see if you can increase the timeout there. Or try to analyze the cause of the performance bottleneck and improve the performance of the API request. Or reduce the page size of the datasource so it's downloading fewer records at a time (which requires making more requests to download the data). 

You are correct that only datasources where the lookup-data="true" are included in the preloaded database. However, in the case of the ASSETMOBILE application this is not enabled for a reason. Lookup data cannot be modified in any way whereas you are expected to create and modify the assets in the ASSETMOBILE application. 

------------------------------
    Steven Shull
    IBM

• 3.  RE: Assets app in Maximo Mobile for EAM 8.11 unable to download Assets data

Posted 01-30-2024 20:22

Thanks Steve for your help. Are you able to help me with few clarifications as below?

Below is the full error I see in the mobile logs.

2024-01-31 11:44:14.805 +11:00 [ERR] {"SourceContext":"IBM.Maximo.Mobile.JSBridge"} : [Webview Console]: 2024-01-31T00:44:14.803Z: [ERROR]: [navigator]: [JS-DisconnectedRESTConnection]: Request for /os/mxapiasset taking 48495 miliseconds  with query {"fetchmodedelta":1} body parameters oslc.select=assetid%2Cdescription_longdescription%2Citemnum%2Cassetuid%2Cassetnum%2Cautolocate%2Cdescription%2Cassettype%2Cisrunning%2Clocation.description--locationdesc%2Cmanufacturer%2Cpriority%2Cserialnum%2Csiteid%2Cvendor%2Crel.IMGLIB%7B*%7D%2Cparent%2Clocation.failurecode--locfailurecode%2Cstatus%2Cstatusdesc.description--assetstatusdesc%2Clocation%2Csaddresscode%2Cfailurecode%2Crel.failurelist%7Bfailurelist%2Cfailurecode.description%2Cfailurecode.failurecode%7D%2Crel.assetmeter%7Bmetername%2Cactive%2Crollover%2Clastreading%2Creadingtype%2Clastreadingdate%2Cmeasureunitid%2Cmeter.measureunit.description--unitdescription%2Csequence%7D%2Cserviceaddress.formattedaddress--formattedaddress%2Cserviceaddress.latitudey%2Cserviceaddress.longitudex%2Cserviceaddress.addresscode%2Cserviceaddress.siteid%2Cserviceaddress.description%2Cserviceaddress.streetaddress%2Cserviceaddress.addressline2%2Cserviceaddress.addressline3%2Cserviceaddress.city%2Cserviceaddress.regiondistrict%2Cserviceaddress.country%2Cserviceaddress.stateprovince%2Cserviceaddress.postalcode%2Cclassstructure.hierarchypath%2Casset_parent.description--parentassetdesc%2Cassetmeter._dbcount--assetmetercount%2Crel.assetspec%7Bassetattrid%2Cmeasureunitid%2Cnumvalue%2Calnvalue%2Cassetattribute.description--assetattributedesc%2Cdisplaysequence%7D%2Cassetspec._dbcount--assetspeccount%2Cmanufacturer.name--manufacturername%2Citemtype%2Cfailurecodes.description--failurecodedesc%2Cclassstructure.classstructureid%2Corgid%2Ccompanies.name--vendorname%2Cdoclinks._dbcount--doclinkscount%2Chierarchypath%2Cassetstatusdesc%2Cparentassetdesc%2Cclassstructureid%2Cassetmeter%7Bmetername%2Clastreading%2Cmeasureunitid%2Clastreadingdate%2Cindex%2Chref%2Cassetmeterid%2Csequence%2Cmeter.measureunit.description--unitdescription%7D%2Cassetspec%7Bassetattrid%2Canywhererefid%2Cmeasureunitid%2Cnumvalue%2Calnvalue%2Ctablevalue%2Cassetspecid%2Cassetattribute.description--assetattributedesc%2Cdisplaysequence%2Cclassstructureid%2Clinearassetspecid%2Cassetattrid%2Canywhererefid%2Cmeasureunitid%2Cnumvalue%2Calnvalue%2Cassetspecid%2Cassetattribute.description--assetattributedesc%2Cdisplaysequence%2Cclassstructureid%2Clinearassetspecid%7D%2Cserviceaddress%7Bserviceaddressid%2Cformattedaddress%2Ccity%2Cstateprovince%2Cstateprovince_description%2Caddresscode%2Clatitudey%2Clongitudex%7D%2Cdoclinks%7B*%7D%2Chref&oslc.pageSize=100&savedQuery=MOBILEMYASSET&pageno=15&collectioncount=1&ignorecollectionref=1&relativeuri=1&addschema=1&fetchmodedelta=1&fetchTimeoutValue=120000&docdownloadid=1

Q1. Where is this time (48495 mls) defined - [ERROR]: [navigator]: [JS-DisconnectedRESTConnection]: Request for /os/mxapiasset taking 48495 miliseconds  with query
    Q2. Where is the page-size defined - "oslc.pageSize=100" - I can see page-size property of maximo-datasource in app.xml which is 50 by default as per documentation. Also, Maximo system property mxe.oslc.maxpagesize set to -1 by default.
    Q3. Where is this coming from fetchTimeoutValue=120000. Becuase, my maximo.mobile.fetch.timeout is set to 300,000 and mxe.db.fetchResultStopLimit is set to 15,000
    Q4. Supporting data, Delta and Map data are disabled in the Data update window. Any change required there? Any documentation link where these are documented please.
    Q5. I have set the page-size to 10 in app.xml for the data source. But, in the logs it still shows page size as 100. Do I need to reinstall/reset or anything or this is not the right place.

Thanks for your help.

• 4.  RE: Assets app in Maximo Mobile for EAM 8.11 unable to download Assets data

Posted 01-30-2024 21:58

Q1: While we log an error, it's important to know that this is not actually an error. We automatically log the request time if it exceeds 40 seconds. If you enable debug logging, we will log the time it takes for all requests but will track it as a debug message rather than an error (unless it exceeds 40 seconds). 

Q2: We take the page size for transactional data and multiply it by 2 (or fall back to 40 if there is no pagesize defined) in our platform's LargeDataDownloadManager. I believe it has something to do with how we load records into a datasource where we actually load 2x the page size to help render the content.

Q3: This looks like it's coming from our platform's LargeDataDownloadManager. I'm not sure why it's not using the system property for the fetch timeout as we use it in other places. Potentially worth opening a support request to try and get it to utilize the same system property. But again, if you are still seeing a gateway timeout error it's outside of our product (we don't throw that http response). 

Q4: These options in the Data Update screen are for updating after you've successfully synchronized the data. Supporting data has to be enabled to enable the delta option. The delta option will take the maximum rowstamp from when we last synchronized that lookup data and pass it into the REST API to identify records that have been added or modified since the last synchronization. When delta is not enabled, we do a full resync of all lookup data. Work list data is all transactional data where the datasource is defined as offline-immediate-download="true", similar to the records that get downloaded by the navigator on first use. This is our official link for the documentation: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/mas-cd/maximo-manage/continuous-delivery?topic=users-refreshing-data

Q5: I assume you rebuilt and redeployed the application using the configuration utility (IE the docker image)? You may need to do a reset since your initial synchronization is failing. Normally you should just need to log out and log back in to get the new application changes. 

Steven Shull
    IBM

• 5.  RE: Assets app in Maximo Mobile for EAM 8.11 unable to download Assets data

Posted 01-31-2024 01:29

Thanks again.

Trying to understand the Gateway timeout error. Following is from my mobile logs. Asset data download started at 11:32, going page by page, kept logging [JS-DisconnectedRESTConnection] error, and then finally after page number 420, it failed with the gateway timeout error at 16:56. So, it took around 5.5 hours to hit the gateway timeout error. My logged in user is supposed to download around 46,000 assets. Even, after data download failing, I can see these Assets in the Assets app so I am assuming that it's coming from the number of pages download. Is it correct?

2024-01-31 11:32:15.337 +11:00 [ERR] - &oslc.pageSize=100&savedQuery=MOBILEMYASSET&collectioncount=1

2024-01-31 11:33:05.668 +11:00 [ERR] - &oslc.pageSize=100&savedQuery=MOBILEMYASSET&pageno=2&collectioncount=1

2024-01-31 16:55:07.433 +11:00 [ERR] - &oslc.pageSize=100&savedQuery=MOBILEMYASSET&pageno=420&collectioncount=1

2024-01-31 16:56:09.408 +11:00 [ERR] {"SourceContext":"IBM.Maximo.Mobile.JSBridge"} : [Webview Console]: 2024-01-31T05:56:09.400Z: [ERROR]: [navigator]: [JS-DisconnectedDataAdapter]: Load Error{"code":504,"message":"Gateway Timeout","url":"https://wannonwater-dev.emaximo.com.au/maximo/oslc/os/mxapiasset?fetchmodedelta=1&interactive=1&lean=1&relativeuri=1&internalvalues=1&ctx=mobile%3D1"}

2024-01-31 16:56:09.438 +11:00 [ERR] {"SourceContext":"IBM.Maximo.Mobile.JSBridge"} : [Webview Console]: 2024-01-31T05:56:09.437Z: [ERROR]: [navigator]: [JS-LargeDataDownloadManager]: Data download error for [%s]: [%s]MXAPIASSET{"name":"Error","message":"Gateway Timeout","isLookupError":false,"isTransDataError":true,"refreshFullyLoaded":true,"deltaDownloadEnabled":false}