Maximo Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Hello, We are going to start using Maximo Mobile 8.11 for Techinican tool.

Posted 17 days ago

Can we continue using our WO Workflows?  We don't want to add more steps for either the Management teams (they will continue to use Core Maximo) or the Tech teams. How can we streamline the Assignment or Owner so the techs can see the work orders in Mobile? We have some sites that all reactive WO's are assigned to Person Groups. How can all people part of that group see those WO's in Mobile?

I have been searching for some documentation for guidance on the WO assignment without much luck.

#Administration
    #EverythingMaximo
    #Mobility

------------------------------
    Shannon Finstad
    Ashley Furniture Ind, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Hello, We are going to start using Maximo Mobile 8.11 for Techinican tool.

Posted 9 days ago

Shannon,

Maximo Mobile will not invoke or work with MAxio Workflow that users would have in the desktop application like WOTRACK. The reason for this is Mobile supports offline and there is no way to invoke the Maximo Workflow when offline. But I don't think that is really your question if I read it correctly as Management will still be using the Maximo applications like WOTRACK and assigning Work Orders to technician that will be on mobile. The TECHNICIAN app out of the box uses Assignments but if you are using OWNER, OWNERGROUP, LEAD, SUPERVISOR which many clients use to assign work then you can alter the query used by the TECHNICIAN app. You will find the query in the MXAPIWODETAIL Object Structure and you will find an action 'Query Definition'. This will list various queries and the one you want to modify is ASSIGNEDWOLIST. Here is an example where I modified the query to include the LEAD field (yellow highlight)

(siteid = (select defsite from maxuser where userid =:USER) and status in (select value from synonymdomain where domainid ='WOSTATUS' and maxvalue not in ('CAN','CLOSE','COMP','WAPPR')) and (wonum in (select wonum from assignment where laborcode = (select laborcode from labor, maxuser where labor.personid = maxuser.personid and maxuser.userid=:USER and labor.orgid = (select orgid from site where siteid = (select defsite from maxuser where userid =:USER))) and (siteid = (select defsite from maxuser where userid =:USER))) or lead = (select personid from maxuser where maxuser.userid=:USER)))

More information and example for modifying queries for Maximo Mobile can be found here https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/mas-cd/maximo-manage/continuous-delivery?topic=applications-maximo-mobile-queries

Hope that information helps. 

Mike

Michael Marsonet
    MRM-EAM Consulting Inc.