Maximo Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Planning & Scheduling, v 7.6.1.3

Posted 11-06-2023 11:31

Our organization has recently upgraded to v7.6.1.3 and added the Graphical Scheduling licensing. Looking for positive or negative feedback from anyone that has used this module. Either with success or reasons why it was abandoned. We have a maintenance team with planners and schedulers that will be administering it, (currently being trained) as well as consolidating scheduling processes across maintenance and operations business units into the graphical scheduler. Plan is to move away from a heavily configured and manual process in Excel. 

#MaximoUserGroups
    #Scheduling

------------------------------
    Brian Even
    Cornerstone Chemical Company

• 2.  RE: Planning & Scheduling, v 7.6.1.3

Posted 01-16-2024 20:12

Brian,

Our company has been using Maximo Graphical Scheduler since 2018.  We've had mixed success with it, in my opinion.  One of the biggest downsides to an organization like you mentioned, rooted in Excel, is the lack of a means to generate a useful printed schedule for distribution to maintenance or operations.  We find ourselves manipulating data between Maximo and Excel, still.  Should I find a solution, I'll be pleased to share it.  

Scott Schaurer
    SunCoke Energy

• 3.  RE: Planning & Scheduling, v 7.6.1.3

Posted 13 days ago

Scott, 

If you hear of a solution, do post it. Thanks.  

Maryann Wood
    Chelan PUD

• 4.  RE: Planning & Scheduling, v 7.6.1.3

Posted 11 days ago

Hi Scott! 

I don't want to sell or sponsor anything, but I remembered a company that has integration tools between Maximo and external programs. For example, Maximo and Microsoft project among others. I don't know the tool or how it works since although I had contact with this company, we didn't make any progress, but perhaps it is an alternative that can help you.

Regards!

Martin Fabra
    ARSAT S.A. - Actively seeking employment