MORE Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the MORE community. Maximo Online Resources & Education (MORE) was created by Projetech for the IBM Maximo community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. Questions should be directed to our community manager via the Contact Us link on this site.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide.
- Be honest, be yourself. The community is intended to be used for the helpful exchange of information between members. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is not helpful.
- Keep marketing efforts separate. Help us keep this community a learning tool and do not copy/paste copy from your website or post any commercial messages in the community discussions, libraries, or to an individual’s inbox (unless they have specified otherwise). If you have a product or service you would like to promote to MORE members, please do so in the dedicated Third-Party Maximo Solutions community. However, we recommend you make the post engaging by asking a question or two about how your solution may benefit the end user.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. If under contract with us or a third-party Maximo vendor, do not share any contractual details such as pricing or terms of the agreement or any other confidential information.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Help look after your community. There is a permanent record of your posts across all online community platforms. The MORE online platform is here for the benefit and enjoyment of members like you. If you notice content within the community that does not abide by these guidelines or the Terms and Conditions, please report it to our Community Manager at email@example.com.
- Share your thoughts with us…using the appropriate medium. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service to you and welcome all feedback you may have—positive or negative. While we always want to encourage engagement within MORE, we ask that you refrain from posting about community rules, moderation, or other MORE administrative related topics in the open forums. We welcome your thoughts and implore you to email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not share job postings: The MORE Community may not be used for job advertising or for recruiting employees. Please post recruitment notices elsewhere.
Three Strike Policy
If any of the rules and/or guidelines are not met by community members, the MORE community manager will implement the three-strike policy as stated below:
- Strike #1: We’ll email you about your post and identify what specifically needs to be changed about the post. We’ll let you know that your post has been flagged and that it is under moderation. We will offer advice on how to make the post align with the rules/guidelines above.
- Strike #2: We’ll email you and reference what part of the terms and conditions that you’re violating. You’ll be placed in full moderation for an extended period of time so you should expect a delay from your postings. You’ll be removed from full moderation at the community manager’s discretion.
- Strike #3: If you violate the rules/guidelines above three different times, you’ll be removed from the community and your access will be removed. We’ll notify you of the reasons why this third strike was taken.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
** ATTENTION PROJETECH CLIENTS** THIS IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR REGULAR MAXIMO SUPPORT: Please note that this community is intended for our clients to share their thoughts, ideas, challenges, and ask any questions that you may have for the general community. This community does not change our support process. We ask that all support requests still go through email@example.com. However, we do hope that you check the community first to see if your answer is already available in the community. If a support request is posted in the MORE community, note that this does not constitute notice for support purposes and does not affect our Service Level Agreement.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of MORE. Projetech is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. . YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY OF DATA, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE OR FROM USAGE OF TRADE. In no event shall PROJETECH be liable for any DIRECT, special, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from YOUR USE OF MORE OR ITS SERVICE OR ANY INFORMATION POSTED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, loss of use, data, or profits.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants us and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are not permitted: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
We do not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on our own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the MORE community manager, we will take all appropriate action. We reserve the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.